- Meyer, W. Schmieden, V. Biers Hyperemic Treatment. Philadelphia and London: WB
Saunders Company; 1908:78-153.
- Wustmann O, Ulrich HC. German Patent Specification. Appliance for the drainage of
wounds. No. 847 475 Class 30 k Group 17 04. 1952.
- The Kremlin papers: A collection of published studies complementing the research
and innovation of wound care. Vestnik Khirurgii. 1986-1991
- Kostiuchenok II, Kolker VA, Karlov VA. The vacuum effect in the surgical treatment
of purulent wounds. Vestnik Khirurgii. 1986;9:1821.
- Davydov YA, Malafeeva AP, Smirnov AP. Vacuum therapy in the treatment of
purulent lactation mastitis. Vestnik Khirurgii. 1986;9:6670.
- Usupov YN, Yepifanov MV. Active wound drainage. Vestnik Khirugii. 1987;4:42-45.
- Davydov YA, Larichev KG, et al.: The bacteriological and cytological assessment of
vacuum therapy of purulent wound. Vestnik Khirugii. 1988;10: 4852.
- Davydov, YA; Larichev KG, Abramov AY. Concepts for clinical biological
management of the wound process in the treatment of purulent wounds using vacuum
therapy. Vestnik Khirugii. 1991;2:132135.
- Chariker ME, Jeter KF, Tintle TE. Effective management of incisional and cutaneous
fistulae with closed suction wound drainage. Contemporary Surgery. 1989;34:5963.
- Argenta LC, Morykwas MJ. Vacuum-assisted closure: A new method of wound
control and treatment: Clinical Experience. Annals of Plastic Surgery 1997;38:563-577.
- Webb, LX. New Techniques in Wound Management: Vacuum-Assisted Wound
Closure. Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Sept/Oct 2002;10(5):303-310.
- Wackenfors A, Sjögren J, Gustafsson R, Algotsson L, Ingemansson R, Malmsjö M. Effects of
vacuum-assisted closure on inguinal wound edge microvascular blood flow. Wound Repair and Regeneration.
- Angelique M. Reitsma, M.D. and George T. Rhodeheaver, Ph.D. Effectiveness of a New Antimicrobial
Gauze Dressing as a Bacterial Barrier; University of Virginia Health System, Charlottesville, Virginia.
9/2001. Available online.
- Glenda J. Motta, RN, MPH, ET, President, GM Associates, Inc., Mitchellville, MD; Lisa Q. Corbett,
APRN, MSN, CWCN, Connecticut Clinical Nursing Associates; Impact Of An Antimicrobial Gauze Upon Bacterial
Colonies in Wounds That Require Packing. Ostomy Wound Management August 2004;50(8):48-62
- Diane L. Krasner, PhD, RN, CWOCN, CWS, FAAN, Managing Wound Pain in Patients with Vacuum-Assisted
Closure Devices, Ostomy/Wound Management. May 2002;48(5):38 43
- Bryant, Ruth A., Chronic Wounds, 2nd edition, Mosby;2000:230
- Meyer W, Schmieden, V. Bier's Hyperemic Treatment in Surgery, Medicine, and the Specialties A Manual
of Its Practical Application. 2nd ed. Philadelphia and London: W. B. Saunders Company; 1909.
- Svedman, et al, A Dressing System Providing Fluid Supply and Suction Drainage used for Continuous or
Intermittent Irrigation. Annals of Plastic Surgery. Aug 1986; 17 (2):125-33.
- Zamierowski D. United States Patent. Wound Dressing and Treatment Method. No. 4969880. 1990.
- Fleischmann W. et al., Vacuum sealing as treatment of soft tissue damage in open fractures. Unfallchirurg.
1993 Sep;96 (9): 488-92.
- Wackenfors A, Sjögren J, Gustafsson R, Algotsson L, Ingemansson R, Malmsjö M. Blood flow responses in the
peristernal thoracic wall during vacuum-assisted closure therapy. Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2005;79:1724-31.
- Zarogen A. Nutritional assessment and intervention in the person with a chronic wound. In: Krasner DL,
Rodeheaver GT, Sibbald RG, eds. Chronic Wound Care: A Clinical Source Book for Healthcare Professionals, 3rd ed.
Wayne, PA: Health Management Publications, 2001;117-126.
- Barker DE, Kaufman HJ, Smith LA, et al. Vacuum pack technique of temporary abdominal closure: A 7-year
experience with 112 patients. J Trauma 2000;48(2):201-206.
- Morykwas MJ, Argenta LC, Shelton-Brown EI, et al. Vacuum assisted closure: a new method for wound
control and treatment: animal studies and basic foundation. Annals of Plastic Surgery 1997;38(6)553-562.
- Philbeck TE, Whittington KT, Millsap MH, et al. The clinical and cost effectiveness of externally
applied negative pressure wound therapy in the treatment of wounds in home healthcare Medicare patients.
Ostomy Wound Management 1999;45(11):41-50.